I was talking with Megan the other night and told her I have been pulling extremely late nights (4 am was the worst) working on Simon's birthday quilt. Like a one-year-old is going to care about a quilt, right? I know. And Simon needs another quilt like I need a fork in the eye. But, whatever, it's how I show my love, it's what I do.
So anyway ... here are some progress pictures because
I want to post something for Fabric Tuesday!
Here's the pic I took for Megan on Sunday night ... it was all basted/pinned and ready to be quilted:
And here it is on Monday night ... I finished the quilting and made the bias tape for the binding. I hate to measure, so I always end up with too much bias tape. But I do love how cute it looks rolled up like that. :)
Oh, and I suppose this counts as a fabric finish, too ... Simon's "1" shirt. You'd have laughed if you saw when I made this. Literally as our family was arriving for the birthday party. My brother was a good sport and put the ironing board away for me as I hurried and snapped these pictures.
Can you tell that I like blue for Simon? I will never get over those eyes. I never thought I'd have a blue-eyed child. (thanks be to his daddy of course!)
14 comments:
Sara - how cute is Simon??? Love the quilt your making...Happy Birthday, Simon!
I love the quilt it looks great. I wanted to do a monster theme for our little boy on the way but went w/ Dr Seuss instead. Mostly b/c his name is Sam and my husbands loves the book Green Eggs and Ham.
Everything you do is so cute. I'm jealous.
Happy Birthday, Simon!
That t-shirt is adorable! I've done the late night last minute quilt finishing as well - I know how you feel!
Love it!!
Taylors eyes are still blue. I really hope they stay. Carter has big brown eyes like Max :0)
I LOVE monsters. That is sooooooo cute!
That quilt is to die for.
And I've had a party or two like that where I was doing some ridiculous (!) thing right as guests were arriving. No harm no foul, right?!
Happy Birthday to your beautiful blue eyed angel! He is gorgeouso.
ooh! he is SO cute! I love the quilt and can't believe you were up until 4 AM working on it. Get some sleep girl! :)
i adore that quilt, and you are so talented, but i feel bad you stay up so late...you are a night owl :) simon's birthday cake is so cute too, you are really too creative! and the other night i was telling BJ that Simon has blue eyes, and that there's hope that our third child could have blue eyes like BJ, oh i would love that, you are lucky to have that little blue eyed boy!! love ya
I love your quilt, the dots and stripes work great together! What is the monsters fabric? I'm thinking my little man would love it!
He is so cute! And blue is a must for him, totally brings out the awesome eyes!
my flipping heck our kids are adorable. especially YOUR ONE YEAR OLD?! WHAAAAAAAT!
i show my love by handing my kids a cookie.
i have a goal to be just like you by 2012.
=)
Love the darling quilt! R u going to make a quilt for every birthday?
Happy belated birthday to Mr. Simon. Looks like a good time was had by all. I love those lovely blue eyes too!
Post a Comment