Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February -- It's On!


Deep breaths ... deep breaths.
I can do this, right?
I mentioned it yesterday and I wasn't kidding.
February is my de-stash month and I will not buy any new fabric.

I started cutting into some reds and pinks today - from my stash of course - for a February valentine-ish quilt ... maybe that will help.

I'll post about my progress as I try to USE the fabric from my shelves (and bins).

Comment on this post if you'd like to join me...?
I'll see if anyone is interested before I try organizing any fabric swaps or whatever. 
Hey - swapping fabric is different than buying! :)

*if you'd like to take the No Fab Feb challenge, feel free to borrow any images from this post.
I don't know how to make it into a button code or anything fancy. (help? Megan?)

Thanks to Megan for helping me figure out the button thing!
Now you can grab a button if you want - yay!






SewSara

15 comments:

Quiltstory said...

Fancy shmancy! I will totally do it...until I fail. I will make sure it is absolutely necessary before I make a purchase! :)

Jodi-JoJoMia's Place said...

Sounds like a good plan, but I have been waiting on yardage of Sunkissed to arrive at my LQS, but I could probably do it if you don't count that one because it was planned for in January??? lol

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I am in, but I might have to go one day and get some fabrics for some backings, but one day and only one day, I will hold off as long as I can though.

Fresh Poppy Design said...

I will not join your challenge. Why join something you will fail and just feel bad! But I totally support you (even though I am about to have a panic attack for you!) Good luck! Heather

AZ Mommy said...

Good Luck! I know you can do it! Just think of all the room you will be making for new fabric in March!

courtney said...

Look at it this way...you picked the shortest month of the year to have to survive through! You can do it! :)

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

You can totally do this! I just started a $25 a month sewing supply budget, so basically I'm not planning on buying any fabric for awhile. It's been fun working from my stash, especially smaller pieces, but it's not going to take me long to work through it all because I have a very small stash (2 small plastic containers)!

Shay said...

I'm in (Ann Marie from 16 muddy feet sent me )

Im doing a Frugal Grocery Febraury over at my place so this will compliment it nicely.

(I have a prolific stash ...and need the motivation not to add to it !)

trish said...

You can do it! :o)
If you ever would like to trade fabric for handcrafted jewelry, I would love to do so. Many other ladies have and you can read about it on my blog under the bartering pages, if you would like. :o)
My etsy shop is closed for the season, but I still have plenty of beautiful pieces. :o)
Sincerely, Trish

Vivian said...

I'm in too. I haven't bought any new fabric since I ordered a kit at the end of December. So far, so good for 2011, but I need a little extra boost to stay strong.
"No Fab Feb" will definitely help. Thanks for the button!

take the cake said...

This woman is crazy.
ARE YOU CRAZY?
Any woman who says she isnt buying fabric for a whole month is either a liar or shes dead!
Gee wiz your either a dead crazy liar or you have a lot of impressive willpower.
Good luck to you all, your going to need it, my only advise would be dont read any junk mail or catalogues and dont go near the fabric shops. Damb! May as well be dead

Laura said...

I'm in (a little late, though!). We're buckling down on our budget... AND I just bought 16 yards of fabric and 2 fat quarter bundles the last week of January so this is perfect timing! :P

What a great idea!

Laura said...

I'm in... a few days too late! I've got a TON of fabric sitting waiting to becoming something! This is perfect timing, too- we're really buckling down on our budget... AND I just ordered 17 yards of fabric the last week of January! :)

What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Wish I'd seen this sooner but I've gone off the wagon for February so can we start again in March? LOL.

Gail :)

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I did great till that one day that I knew I would fall off the toadstool..........i went and bought my 1/4 yard of green for the BAP because I was getting waaaaaaaay behind. They were having a fat quarter blowout sale, and I ended up buying 60 more!!!! Never did find the backing fabric I wanted to get too.But this is the ONLY fabric I have bought all year so far, so I am doing GOOOODDDD!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates