Saturday, February 5, 2011

Finished: Zig Zag Bliss



I started this quilt back in November, but didn't know who it was for. Then we found out that my sister-in-law Leah (David's baby sister) is expecting a girl - due in March - so I was excited to finish it for her. I used Bliss fabrics on the front and put white minky on the back. It ended up bigger than I thought, but it will be a good size for baby girl to love into toddler-hood.

It looked so cute folded on our couch, I was tempted to keep it! Heaven knows we don't need more quilts around here, though. I couldn't post the pictures of the finished quilt until Leah saw it. She got it in the mail yesterday and said she loves it. Yay! Now we wait for our new niece to arrive. :)

I took these photos a little late in the day, so they are a bit dark. That is white fabric in there-not grey - I promise!



19 comments:

Nicki said...

this is truly remarkable! one of my favorites you've done.

Kristie said...

Looks lovely! I have a box-o-Bliss that I have yet to cut into....I look forward to it, love this line! I also just finished my Pips quilt with minky on the back and looooove it! So soft! Perfect for a sweet wee babe :-)

Katie B said...

This is beautiful! I love the polka dot binding.

Leslie said...

this looks so pretty...i love the minkie backing. is that hard to quilt?

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Beautiful! and I looove that you used polka-dots too!

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Beautiful, I love it! I bet it is so soft with that minky on the back!

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

This is really lovely! Love the zig zags, its amazing how quilts using the same fabric can be SO different, its completely different from my Bliss quilt. Love the minky too, I'm a big fan of minky backing, its so soft and lovely for a baby. Lucky girl!

Hil said...

Oh my goodness... I LOVE this quilt. So beautiful! That is one lucky baby girl. :)

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

LOVE the bright colors against the bright white....LOVE! Beautiful!

aubreyp said...

So cute! I think it's my favorite zig zag quilt I've seen!

Miriam said...

Oh my! That is absolutely gorgeous. You're very talented!

Gretchen said...

Dang girl! You blew this one out of the water! I love how it is feminine but not girly. I bet Leah is speechless. Can't wait to see it and hear her reaction. This will be around forever!

Katherine said...

Sara, this is beautiful. I love it! You have such an amazing talent and eye for this!

Christy said...

Gorgeous!

trish said...

Oh how cute! :o)
That is such a precious quilt!
Sincerely, Trish

Elizabeth said...

That is such a beautiful quilt! Probably my favorite of yours! Leah is lucky. And how exciting her baby girl is coming soon!

D-dawg said...

Yay I'm glad you're going to do love week! Let me know when your post is up so I can link to it. Thanks for the nice comment too!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Perfect for a sweet baby girl! Beautiful job! Jenn

Megan said...

Sara...LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this. Love.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates