Hello friends! Thanks for your interest in my love day giveaway. I wish I could send some fabric to each of you (really I do). But there has to be ONE winner .... and that lovely winner is...Keri!
Congratulations, Keri! Email me your address so I can send the hearty-heart-heart fabric your way!
(sewsara at gmail)
I really meant to wrap up Love Week better, but now it feels so anti-climactic. There's just so much to love, it was hard to keep up!
We had a nice family-ish Valentine's day here. David and I decided to do stuff with the kids last night and we'll go out for our date on Friday (looking forward to it - eating out is my fave). We had heart-shaped pizza and breadsticks, red juice, and heart-shaped cake for dessert. (I had to spell check that word - I can never remember desert or dessert!)
I got the kids some books and balloons from the dollar store. It's still so easy to please them. They kept saying "this is the best valentine's day ever!!"-- so cute. I'm glad it worked out because I pulled it all together in an hour after work. That's the truth. Grandma was there, too. (sorry mom - didn't get a pic!)
Thanks to all the comments and new followers from my love day giveaway. Please stick around ... lots of fun things to come.
And - side note - We've made it more than halfway thru the No Fab Feb challenge -- yay! It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. How are the rest of you doing?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Just found your blog and I like it! As a side note, the only way I remember the difference between dessert and desert is strawberry shortcake is a dessert -two letters s, two letters s in dessert.
Fun V-day pics!
It looks like someone beat me to the punch in helping you remember how to spell dessert, but I was told that you always want more dessert, so dessert has more "s's" than desert.
I've always wanted to eat a heart-shaped pizza. Please tell me it tastes better than a regular pizza. ;)
Thanks so much!! I love the heart shaped pizza! We had pizza for valentine's day too.
Always love pics of your cute kids and what nice photos of the whole fam. I love those simple holidays that turn out to be a great hit!
As for the dessert/desert spelling, I was told dessert has 2 s's because dessert has more sugar!
Take care!
Congrats to the winner! What a great giveaway. Loved seeing your V-Day photos!
xo -El
Another way to remember the spelling. Dessert is Super Special - 2 s's. Desert has sand - 1 s.
What a fun day! Your pizza and cakes look yummy! The truth is in your kid's faces! They look like they loved it too! Jenn
Why do heart shaped pizzas always look so much yummier??!
There are little moments when it seems like my kids grow up right before my eyes and for some reason, Ruby just looks older to me in these pictures.
Happy Love Day!
I know you don't need any more reasons or helps for spelling dessert, but I learned it that dessert is so sweet and desert just has sand.
I loved your love week posts. I love Valentine's Day. It's fun to think about all the things you love and I love looking at your blog. You inspire me to make a quilt-actually quilt it on my sewing machine. Is it hard to make it so it doesn't pucker?
-Melanie
Aww! Such cuties. I need to see them...soon!! How good of you to do such a cute day for them. :)
This whole no-fabric thing has been a lot easier than I thought, too! I mean, it doesn't really help that it's coinciding with Made's BOY month, but I'm enjoying sewing with fabric I already have!
Oh fun, you and I had a lot of the same ideas for V-day including running to the Dollars store after work, haha!
Oh no I totally missed the give-away! Oh well you had a lot of competition for that one.
I did buy fabric at the beginning of the month before I knew it was no fab feb! I have been good ever since, does that count? I do have a 40% off at JoAnns that I am dying to use, how do you do it while working there. Such discipline!
i didn't realize there were so many ways to remember desert/dessert. Mine is that two S's = Second Serving. now I never forget! ;)
I didn't realize there were so many ways to remember desert/dessert. The one I heard is that two S's = Second Serving. I never forget now!
Post a Comment