Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July



In my opinion, it's hard to beat a rice krispie treat. Who doesn't love them? And of course they are so simple to make.
I made three batches: one regular, one with red food coloring, and one with blue food coloring. Just drop the food coloring in once the marshmallows are melted, right before dumping in the cereal.

I cute them up into small squares and arranged them on a large cookie sheet. The kids thought it was fun to help (and eat the leftover pieces!). We took these to a get-together with friends last night. Good times.

Happy 4th of July!
We are so thankful to live in this great country.

and a few pics from Provo's grand parade this morning:




^ cooling off in the shade! Thankfully it was mostly overcast all morning. Still hot, though.


Simon's first parade!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Fun pictures! And I love the rice krispie treat flag! Such a cute and clever idea!

xo -E

P.S. I was at your place of employment again last Saturday. I looked for you to say hi, but you were not there.

Jocelyn said...

This went RIGHT on to my Pinterest. I am so using it this weekend!

Heather & Justin said...

what a cute idea! I love the flag and the bib in the post below it! I'm so impressed by you creative women!

-Heather from lifeofpasseri.blogspot.com

Kelli W said...

I love that you cut it into square to make it easier to get a piece! I made the same thing this year except I left the red and white in long strips so that they looked more like the stripes on the flag.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates