I'm starting to think that five is the perfect age for little girls. Don't get me wrong, I have loved Ruby the other four years, but she is particularly adorable right now. Maybe it's because I'm about to have my second daughter, so I'm getting all sentimental over her. In the past, when I'm at this point, I start to "mourn" the fact that the baby of the family is moving to a big brother/sister. But lately I've been savoring the fact that Ruby is my only girl for a few more weeks. And let me tell you, she is so.very.excited. for a little sister. She is constantly kissing my tummy and talking to the baby. She told me tonight, "I can't believe I get my very own sister! I've never had a sister before!" {{swoon}}
I promised her that tomorrow (hopefully) we'll have Daddy pull out the bin of newborn-sized girl clothes and wash them. She about melted when I told her that. Heaven knows I better follow through with it now. Five-year-olds also have a great memory and will remind you constantly what you promised the day before. ;)
I promised her that tomorrow (hopefully) we'll have Daddy pull out the bin of newborn-sized girl clothes and wash them. She about melted when I told her that. Heaven knows I better follow through with it now. Five-year-olds also have a great memory and will remind you constantly what you promised the day before. ;)
These first few pics were taken when she was helping me photograph the quilt that I just made for my sister-in-law (see previous post). She loves helping me with anything crafty or girly. She told me the other day that she wants to be "SewRuby" when she grows up. Maybe we should grab that URL while we can, huh? haha.
She's growing her hair out right now. We've done it before, and I think we usually chop it when it hits this current length. But she's set on keeping it growing. The deal is that she has to let me "do" it every morning, or else we'll cut it. She's pretty good about it so far.
And check this out ... my little mother. She actually wants to change Simon's diaper. Even poopy ones! She is going to be a great help with the new baby, I'm sure. Sometimes I forget that she's not even in Kindergarten yet. She's reading and writing really well and at the point where she just soaks up everything. It will be great to have her home all summer while the baby is tiny.

I sure love my little Rubes. And I love that she's getting a sister. I always wanted a sister when I was growing up.
She's also been very willing to ham it up for photos as I figure out my new camera.
It's almost frightening how much she reminds me of myself as a kid.
3 comments:
I can tell you are a very proud mama! What a sweetie!
Post you did! That little Rubes is destined for sister greatness. It is especially cool that you never had a sister and now Ruby is getting one at the perfect age. She's gonna worship that baby almost as much as that baby worships her! Still loving the quilt. Jyuni is breaking it in for us ;). Just can't resist the softness!
My oldest was like that, such the great mother's helper! Just don't ask her to wash dishes lol.
Post a Comment