I just had one of those moments. Where it just hit me: I got my Greta.
You know how thos moments just hit you sometimes? And you go, "wow." Like when you realize "wow, I am the mom now" when your first child is born (or even after your 4th! - you still have those moments!)
I feel like I am still in newborn la-la land and Greta is 3 months old today. Wasn't it just March? Time is confusing.
I hold her way too much, especially at night when everyone else is asleep.
I get hardly nothing done (including weight loss or exercise *sigh*)
But every night when I hold her, sleeping in my arms,
all is right in the world.
I couldn't care less about sewing
or crafting
or if my pants are still tight.
(Ok I lie, I do care some, but just not enough to do anything about it yet)
For over 10 years, I have loved the name Greta. I felt in my heart I would have a daughter named Greta. It seems like our children come with their names, so when our first daughter was born, she was Ruby, plain and simple. I love her and her name, don't get me wrong. But when we found out last Halloween that we were having a girl, my first thought was, "it's Greta."
Then through the pregnancy, we went back and forth on names and I worried that she wouldn't be Greta. It sounds silly to even write about it now but I just wanted her so much and I felt like if I called her anything else, I would always feel in my heart that she should have been Greta.
And beyond the name ... I'm just so thankful for this sweet baby. She was a "surprise blessing" that we didn't even know we wanted. The timing was not ours, but Heavenly Father's. He knew we needed her.
My oh my, I can't imagine our family without her. I physically feel my heart swell as I look at her.
And even more... these three adore her, too.
And these four beautiful faces all together. They are my world.




7 comments:
How sweet. You are a wonderful mother.
-Melanie
Beautiful! I feel Like you! My children are everything to me! And they will be always my little babies!
You are so right! I was waiting for "Josie". She was my 7th after having 3 boys. But I knew she was coming! I enjoy her so much! They are little blessings from the Father. Have a great day enjoying your children!!!
She truly is an angel from heaven! So glad that you got your Greta.
This made me cry. I'm so glad you shared this but also so glad you have it written down to show her some day. Perfect my friend, just like those little babes.
aw, how sweet! I'm glad you got your Greta! I'm glad you let yourself hold her instead of doing all the other less-important things. It passes so quickly! Thanks for the reminder.
I am IN LOVE with that name! I want to have another little girl (I have a Claire) and I want to name her Greta! I'm so happy for you and your beautiful little girl. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment