Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ruby turned 6!

Ruby had her birthday a few weeks ago. I can't believe she is 6! She is a happy girl and I love her so much. Funny that the past two posts have been about the girls- 6 months and 6 years. 

Ruby at 6:
Loving Kindergarten
Can't stand to be bored - always wants a friend to play with.
Great big sister, always usually willing to help with the little ones.
A great little sister, too, I should add. She loves seeing Max at school and really looks up to him.
She asked for a jump rope for her birthday - and is getting really good at it.
Growing her hair out. This is the longest it's ever been. 
And so blonde!  In my head, I still think of her as brunette. Must be the brown eyes. 
And all the black hair she had as a baby.
She used all her birthday money to buy a new pink Razor scooter (I'll have to get a picture) and she's loving it.
She always wears her helmet. 
She told me today "Mom, we need to start taking vitamins every morning before school."
And also said, "I just love doing math, it's so fun." Twenty seconds later she said "Ok I'm done, can I play now?"

Love our Rubes!





 She wanted a Halloween birthday, which was easy. I needed to get out the decorations, anyway. And all the stores had plenty of stuff. Got that cupcake stand at the dollar store. Score.
We do "big friend parties" every other year, so it was a small party at home this year. Remember last year she had her Gnomeo and Juliet party?

 It's funny, though, she said "this is the best birthday ever!" so I guess family parties aren't that bad.
Look at the smile on her face.


I honestly saw tears in her eyes when she opened up the Barbie movie. 
She was so happy.


Is it easy to spot the 2-year-old in that photo, or what?

This says more about Ruby's sweetness, than it does about me, but I just have to record what Ruby said on her birthday. I was just frosting the cupcakes and she was sitting in the kitchen. Just the two of us, before Max got home from school, and the babies were asleep.
She said, "Mom, I think you're the best mom because I know you try really hard to make our birthdays special."
Not gonna lie. I cried.
And like I said, it just shows what a sweet and observant girl she is.
Happy 6th Birthday, Ruby girl!



I have been sewing alot, too, and usually post about that on my SewSara facebook page. ((I'm so thankful for the orders that have been coming in. They help more than you might know.))

5 comments:

Francis Paul said...

what a great idea to do a "big friend parties" every other year! I loved reading about the party and see the wonderful pictures.

I think you have the cutest kids ever :-)

Michelle said...

Baahaahaa the two yr old is not pleased. Kids are as cute as ever!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Happy Birthday Ruby!! She looks so grown up! Many happy years!

Tasha said...

I can't believe how blonde Ruby is!! I love her long hair too! Your family is so darling!! I love all the pictures & love the matching dress & skirt for your girls! I miss you guys too & think often about the time we kept Max & Ruby all night & how little they were & how much fun we had with them! I'm glad to see that things are going well!

Elizabeth said...

oh my goodness, what a beautiful, sweet girl. it's crazy to see you with your own big family....if you could have seen into the future 10 yrs ago. you've done good! very blessed. love that last family photo. and i agree with ruby, you DO try really hard to make birthdays (and holidays) special for your cute family. im always impressed at least.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates