Three weeks to go. Give or take, of course. She'll come when she's ready. And hopefully that will coincide with me being ready, too. I am trying to stay busy and at the same time trying to slow down and enjoy this time.
Time with three kids who sleep through the night.
Time with just Simon while the big kids are at school.
Time with the big kids while Simon naps.
Time in the evenings with David.
Time is such a funny thing ... it seems to go so slowly sometimes, like when you're waiting for a baby to be born. Then before you know it, time is speeding by and you can't slow it down, like before you know it, your baby is 6 months old (or 6 years old)!
I still have lists of things I want to do ... sew this, fix that, organize something, wash more baby clothes, etc. But I'm finding that I have to be selective with what I take on. I just don't have the time or energy for all of it! I started feeling a mix of overwhelmed, lazy, and guilty over the weekend. I finally decided I just need to prioritize. I started by tackling a queen size quilt top for our bed (more on that later). Then I decided to not stress about organizing a scrap swap before the baby arrives. I'm glad that so many of you are interested in doing it again. I really wanted to do it just like last year at this time. But it's just not realistic- hopefully everyone understands. Hopefully it will work out in a few months. Or not - and that won't be the end of the world!
Yesterday while Max was playing at a friend's and Simon was napping, Ruby and I made cookies and played a Chutes & Ladders. Then today I was so sore (the hips!) and tired, I barely did anything besides keep the kids alive and fed. I don't know where I'm going with this, but I guess my point is that I'm trying to use my time wisely right now. Some days it's just surviving and other days I feel productive.
Either way, we make it one day closer to meeting our new baby girl.













3 comments:
I can SO relate! :) Exciting (and nerve-racking) times! Hope you get everything done you need/want to. It's definitely all about prioritizing because if you're anything like me, it all won't get done - and that's okay, right?
Good luck! And hope you feel well. My hips are feeling it too! We must be getting old :)
You have such an awesome perspective on it all, Sara! I so agree about time's funny way of going quickly and slowly at the strangest times!
Hope all goes well this last little while!
OH I hear ya! The whole kill it one day, die the next thing? I'm all over that. It is like you have energy for one days worth of successes and then you spend the next three trying to come back from it. At least you're prioritizing, life feels better with a list.
I still can't believe how close you are and more importantly, patient seeming! Props to you!
Post a Comment