Thursday, October 1, 2009

Max's bus solution.

A few weeks ago when Max started preschool, he was pretty distraught to see that other kids were riding the bus to school, but not him. The bus route doesn't come by our neighborhood for the afternoon, and I knew that, but I preferred the afternoon rather than morning class and decided to just drive him every day. (I think it's less than 2 miles each way). So, after the first few days of school, Max kept talking/complaining/asking about the school bus. That's all he could think about was riding that darn bus! So we got home and I had a little talk with him and explained that maybe the other kids' moms couldn't bring them to school so that's why they needed to ride the bus. But, since his mom can drive him to school every day, he doesn't need to ride the bus yet. He nodded his head and seemed to understand. He thought about it for a few seconds.

Then, he said, "Soooo.... when you die and go to heaven .... then I can ride the bus!"


Ha! I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. I better watch my back! LOL.

*He gets to go on his first field trip today and he is so excited to ride that cute little bus.

10 comments:

Jena said...

Funny! Rylee just told me that when I die she gets my jewelry. Silly kids. Don't they know how much they would miss us?

TheAndFam said...

Hahahaha! Max is funny! I guess he really wants to ride that bus!! Ryan LOOOVES his bus rides.

Amberlee said...

Haha! That is so funny! It is too bad that the bus doesn't go by your house for afternoon.

Tamara Jacobs said...

ha! that is hilarious!
i am laughing my head off.

Amy Jenks said...

Oh my goodness! Kids say the darndest things.
Thank you for sharing! I'm still cracking up.

Megan said...

That story is so funny! I'm glad that you didn't have to die for him to ride a bus, those two don't really seem to go hand in hand.

Amy Hunter said...

My Judson wants to ride the bus too! We live 3 blocks away. Not going to happen, darn it! I can't believe Max is such a problem solver! Hee hee hee! Good thinking skills, there.

The Wilkins' said...

Oh my heck, hilarious! Your kids are seriously adorable. Happy Birthday to sweet Ruby!

Jill said...

That is hilarious! Whatever does the trick, right?

Angie said...

My neighbor has the same issue with her son wanting to ride the bus. He even wanted to go out and paint their SUV yellow before she drove him to preschool. Kids are so funny.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates