Thursday, August 18, 2011

Soccer

Max had his first soccer game tonight. He was thrilled, especially when he saw the jersey with his own number. He said "Yessssss! Number nine! I'm number NINE, mom!!" I didn't know that number had any significance, but I suppose it does now since it's his. And of course Ruby was there asking "why don't I get to play?" and when the after-game snack was handed out to the team, "why don't I get a snack?"... Rough night for little sis.



warming up

still warming up ... simon running onto the field. and can you spot the Y on the mountain?

After the game, Max drove home with David and the rest of us were in the other car. David told me that Max said "Did you hear when Mom said 'Go Max go?' I liked that." Awww. So cute!

We have just one full week of summer left at our house. I'm hoping to have the time and energy to sew in September! Back to school for the kids and back to sewing for mama. Yup, sounds like a plan.

8 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh, see I have a 9 year old daughter and a 5 year old son. At his baseball games, SHE would be the one griping about 'why did THEY get snack and she didn't get any'. It doesn't get better with age! Glad he had fun!

The Baldwin's said...

What a cute boy! Go number nine!!

Cheryl said...

I saw you there! We were at the other field; my four year old was playing. I didn't get a chance to talk to you, though (obviously!). But this means we'll have a chance to see each other every game (plus the one they play against each other, eh?)! :)

Jason said...

Jake Heaps is number 9...different sport but cool.

Ang Campbell said...

Well shoot... an innocently cute little blog entry went and made me tear up! I LOVE that he could hear you cheering for him and acknowledged it :) That's just adorable and touching! Go Max Go!!

Ang Campbell said...

I can't believe I totally forgot about my Sew Sara credit! Woot woot!! Thanks for the reminder :)

Jena said...

ooo. I want to play! My number was always 12. Had to be 12! numbers are very important. Wish we were in UT. Those mountains are taunting me...

Tasha said...

So cute!! I can't believe how big he is getting & Ruby looks so blonde in the swim lesson picture! those mountains make my heart ache for UT!!!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates